At St Peter and St Paul, we are dedicated to promoting values which ensure our students develop a strong sense of social and moral responsibility, and which prepare them for life in modern day Britain. SMSC (spiritual, moral, social and cultural development) underpins every aspect of our provision and is supported by the Catholic nature of our academy.
Through PDP, we promote British Values in order for our students to:
- develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
- distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
- accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
- acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
- acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures and promote tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions
- encourage respect for other people
- encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.