Please ensure arrangements are in place for your child to travel safely to and from school.
Support messages given in school about staying safe and avoiding dangers are:
- Road safety (A number of SSPP pupils have been seen trying to cross Boutlham Park Road in front of parked buses instead of using the zebra crossing…..remind your child, if they cannot see they should not be crossing).
- Cycle safety (There appears to be a significant number of young people cycling to school without a helmet. Accidents do happen and we would encourage all our cyclists to wear a safety helmet).
- Bus safety (follow the rules, be considerate of other passengers).
- Safe routes (avoid dangerous roads and isolated areas).
- Travel with friends where possible and avoid strangers.
- Return to a safe busy place (eg school, home, shop) if approached and speak to a trusted adult.